In 2021 there will be countless cruise ships departing from Amsterdam again. We give you an overview per destination which ships sail where. Have fun choosing your next cruise!
Cruise companies from Amsterdam
The number 1 is the Holland America Line, which will sail with its two newest ships from Amsterdam; the Nieuw Statendam and the Ryndam (2021). Both are not too massive with about 2600 guests on board. The Veendam (1350 passengers) will also sail from Amsterdam, a smaller ship that is very suitable for longer cruises and special ports.
Cruise companies Celebrity Cruises and Royal Caribbean regularly sail from Amsterdam in the summer of 2021 with the beautiful Celebrity Reflection (3000 passengers) and the Jewel of the Seas with 2500 passengers. A nice addition for families is the Norwegian Jade (2200 passengers) with a colorful interior and The Haven, an exclusive section for suite guests. The Costa Favolosa is also a very suitable ship for families.
Do you want a ship for adults only? Consider the ships of Cruise & Maritime Voyages , the Magellan or Columbus. Please note that in the summer months children are welcome on certain cruises. Finally, there are a number of ultra-luxury ships that occasionally depart from Amsterdam, such as the Seven Seas Navigator, Seven Seas Voyager, Azamara Journey and Seabourn Sojourn.
A very nice 3-day (2 nights) mini cruise departs from Amsterdam to Rotterdam on September 4 with an intermediate visit in London. You then cruise on the somewhat older Columbus , from about € 183!
On April 2, 2021, the Magellan will depart for a somewhat longer six-day mini cruise from Amsterdam to Ireland! A very affordable way to try cruising, also with beautiful destinations: Antwerp, Honfleur, Guernsey, Isles or Scilly and ending in Cork. From approx. € 459.
There are no specific cruises from Amsterdam that only visit Western European cities, only in combination with other destinations such as Great Britain and Iceland. Look for Rotterdam city cruises .
Many cruise ships will visit Great Britain from Amsterdam. These are:
- Celebrity Reflection : May 5 and July 30, 13 days, 2 different routes and always Belfast, Dublin, Cork. From € 1815.
- Columbus : May 10, 14-day route with many island destinations such as Lerwick, Kirkwall, Isle of Skye, Isle of Mull, Scilly Isles, Guernsey etc. You disembark in Rotterdam. From approx. € 1280.
- Costa Favolosa: April 30, May 14, September 5, 15-day different routes including Dublin, Belfast, Liverpool, Newcastle, Harwich (2 days). From € 1179.
- Veendam : June 5 & July 26, 15 days. 2 different routes. From € 2659.
- Jewel of the Seas: May 15 & 28, July 15, 3 different routes. 13 days from € 1644.
The Norwegian Jade makes several routes:
- 10 days on May 7, May 28, June 16 & 25 to Zeebrugge, Le Havre, London, Liverpool, Dublin and Cork. From € 1149
- 11 days on June 6, September 3 & 23, 3 different routes. From € 1409
- 13 days on May 16 to Zeebrugge, Le Havre, London, Edinburgh, Invergordon, Kirkwall, Belfast, Dublin and Liverpool. From € 1569
Do you want to see a lot of Ireland or Scotland? Then choose one of the ultra-luxury ships that have beautiful routes. The Azamara Quest will depart on August 4 for a 13-day Scotland trip including Edinburgh , Dundee, Invergordon , Lerwick, Kirkwall, Isle of Lewis, Oban, Greenock and (ending) Dublin. A real gem. From € 3508.
With Seven Seas Voyager you can make a trip aimed at much smaller ports. On August 9, 2021, you will leave for 11 days via Antwerp, Le Havre, Southampton, St Malo, Guernsey, Holyhead, Douglas, Dublin and Waterford. From € 7699, including excursions, tips and drinks.
Who wants to go to Iceland from Amsterdam has a number of choices. These routes almost always combine a few Norwegian or British destinations with Iceland. You can also possibly from Rotterdam.
- Celebrity Reflection : May 17, June 6 – 12 or 13 days combination Iceland and Ireland, including 3 days Iceland, Belfast, Dublin, Cork or Liverpool. From € 1704.
- Celebrity Reflection : June 17. Route of 12 days to Iceland and Norway, including 3 days Iceland, Alesund, Bergen, Zeebrugge. From € 2140.
- Costa Favolosa: June 24, July 17: 15-day itinerary to Iceland and Scotland, with Lerwick, Seyðisfjörður, Akureyri, Isafjordur, Grundarfjördur, Reykjavik, Kirkwall, Inverness. From € 1799.
- Jewel of the Seas : June 9 & August 20: 13-day route to Iceland and Norway – including 3 days Iceland, Geiranger (or Alesund) and Bergen. From € 1699.
- Ryndam : July 18 & August 29: 15 days to Iceland and Norway. From € 2959.
- Veendam : August 23: 15 days to Scottish destinations and Iceland including Akureyri, Isafjord, Djupivogur, Reykjavik, Heimaey. From € 2979.
The most popular destination from Amsterdam is undoubtedly a visit to the Norwegian Fjords. A cruise ship leaves for Norway every week.
- Celebrity Reflection : May 29 to Flam, Olden, Alesund, Skjolden, Bergen. 9 days from € 1324. July 11 to Bergen, Olden, Geiranger, Alesund. 8 days from € 1339
- Costa Favolosa: June 15, July 8 & 31, August 18 & 27, various 10-day routes to Norway. From € 1139.
- Columbus : October 1, 8 days to Eidfjord, Flam, Bergen and London. From only € 622!
- Viking Jupiter : May 16, August 10, September 21 ending in Norway, 8 days from approx. € 4240 (all inclusive, including excursions)
- Seabourn Sojourn : June 19, 15 days, including Hamburg, Stavanger, Haugesund, Rosendal, Molde and ending in Copenhagen. From € 8999.
- Star Legend of Windstar Cruises: May 22, 9 days ending in Copenhagen.
New Statendam and Ryndam to Norway
The Holland America Line sails two types of routes with a small number of variations. You can safely stick two routes in a row to create a longer journey.
The first route is called the Norwegian Legends, where you visit destinations such as Geiranger and Bergen , combined with, for example, Eidfjord, Alesund, Molde and other ports. A route consists of four ports and two days at sea to get to and from Amsterdam.
- Nieuw Statendam : May 2 (Eidfjord, Molde) & May 23 (Eidfjord, Alesund), from € 1379
- Ryndam : June 20 (Eidfjord, Molde), July 4 (Molde, Haugesund), August 1 (Eidfjord, Molde), August 15 (Alesund, Ulvik), September 12 (Alesund, Eidfjord), all combined with Geiranger and Bergen. From € 1450.
The second route is called Viking Sagas , where you visit ports that are more in the south of Norway such as Oslo and Kristiansand, combined with other Norwegian ports. A route consists of four ports and two days at sea to get to and from Amsterdam.
- New Statendam : May 30 (Stavanger, Flam), from € 1479
- Ryndam : June 13 (Flam, Eidfjord), June 27 (Flam, Stavanger), July 11 (Stavanger, Sjkolden), August 8 (Flam, Eidfjord), August 22 & September 10 (Flam, Stavanger) all combined with Oslo and Kristiansand . From € 1450.
On 6 June 2021, Nieuw Statendam will make a pearl of a route: 10 days to Norway and ending in Copenhagen. You will see Flam, Bergen, Molde, Geiranger, Stavanger, Oslo and Kristiansand along the way. From € 1400. This can also be combined with a subsequent Baltic Sea cruise to a 20-day trip. From € 2970.
North Cape & Spitsbergen
It is remarkable that in 2021 no cruise from Amsterdam is planned to the North Cape, the northernmost tip of the European mainland. You can reach this port from Rotterdam with the MS Rotterdam. Many German ships also go to the North Cape from Bremerhaven, Hamburg and Kiel .
With the Veendam you can make a 24-day unique Spitsbergen cruise via the Norwegian coast and back along Iceland, and Ireland. From € 5419. An option is certainly also for example to go on an expedition cruise with a smaller ship to this beautiful destination.
The Baltic states around the Baltic Sea can all be visited in 1 cruise. Enjoy the Scandinavian hospitality in Denmark, Sweden and Finland. Be surprised by the German cities and culture in Estonia and Russia. St. Petersburg is the top destination. Tip: make sure to book a cruise where you have two days to explore this beautiful city.
- Jewel of the Seas : May 4 (12 days), June 21, July 3, July 27, August 8, 13 days. From € 1546.
- Celebrity Reflection: June 28, July 18, August 11 & 23, 14 days from € 1897.
- Nieuw Statendam : May 9, 15 days from € 2519.
- Ryndam : June 1 (13 days from € 2559), September 26 (15 days from € 2989).
- Norwegian Jade : July 4, 11 days ending in Copenhagen. From € 1539.
- Veendam : June 19 and August 9, 15 days. From € 3039.
Mediterranean and Canary Islands
Traditionally, at the end of summer, cruise ships operating in Western Europe seek out warmer places. Most cruise ships with Amsterdam as home base depart for the Mediterranean in August and September.
The following Mediterranean cruises are available:
- Lisbon: the Azamara Journey goes on August 28 via Cherbourg, Honfleur, La Coruna and Porto to LISBON, from € 2922. Marina of Oceania Cruises on September 20 in 15 days to Lisbon including Dublin, Waterford, Bordeau, Gijon, Porto. From € 3809 /
- Barcelona: Seven Seas Navigator on August 5. 13-day trip via Guernsey, Bilbao, Ferrol, from € 6289. Jewel of the Seas from Royal Caribbean on September 1, a 13-day cruise including La Rochelle, Bilbao, Gibraltar, Malaga, Cartagena. From € 1486. The Seabourn Sojourn is going on September 25 for a 15-day trip to Barcelona via Antwerp, Rouen, Mellilla and Valencia. From € 8499.
- Civitavecchia : Celebrity Reflection departs on September 4 for a 13-day cruise including Bilbao, Lisbon, Cadiz, Malaga, Cartagena. From € 1765. The Veendam departs on September 6 for a 13-day cruise via Brest, La Rochelle, Lisbon, Cartagena, from € 2199. You can extend it further to eg Israel!
- Venice: the Marina on September 20, in 27 days. From € 6329. This route is a continuation of the 15-day route to Lisbon, you can extend it further to Venice.
The Columbus finally leaves on October 8 for a beautiful 16-day trip to the Canary Islands where you also visit London, Porto, Gibraltar, Madeira and some Canary Islands. You disembark in Rotterdam. From approx. € 1264.
You can even sail to the continent of America from Amsterdam! One option is to do this with the small intimate Insignia of Oceania Cruises (September 6, 16 days, € 3279) arriving in New York. With the Ryndam , you can join a 15-day trip to Fort Lauderdale, Florida on October 10. From € 1529.